"Thumb Loop" Transmission Project
The "Thumb Loop" Transmission Project Frequently Asked Questions document was developed by the Michigan Farm Bureau with assistance and responses provided by the ITC Transmission and the Michigan Department of Agriculture. This document is intended for educational purposes only and does not attempt to substitute for the laws referenced herein.
The document answers questions such as:
- Why was the Thumb area chosen for this transmission project?
- What type of transmission line is being constructed?
- Who is constructing the transmission line?
In addition to answering questions about how the transmission project could have impacts on your farming operation.
Should you have questions or would like more information, please contact:
- Matt Smego, Michigan Farm Bureau, 517-323-7000, ext. 2044., email@example.com
- ITC Transmission, www.itctranso.com, 877-482-4829, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rich Harlow, Michigan Department of Agriculture, Farmland Preservation Office, www.michigan.gov/mda, 517-373-3328
- Michigan Public Service Commission, www.michigan.gov/mpsc