What is a Young Farmer?
- Any Michigan Farm Bureau Member who is between the ages of 18-35.
- Someone who wants to be a leader
- Someone wanting to make more contacts in the agriculture world.
- Someone who likes to have fun.
What activities do Young Farmers do?
- Golf Scramble
- Many more activities based on county!
How do I get involved?
- Talk to the Young Farmer Committee chairperson in your area
- Call 800-292-2680 ext. 3234
- Contact your county Farm Bureau office
Career Focus Conference on Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
Michigan Farm Bureau is holding the Career Focus Conference on Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources on Tuesday, November 27 at The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids for 4-H members, FFA members and high school students from Farm Bureau families.
This conference is for young people interested in a career in agriculture and natural resources and will focus on providing: insight on ag careers, leadership development experiences and information about the MSU College of Agriculture & Natural Resources. Participants will hear directly from college students, college representatives and industry professionals on preparing for ag careers and how to prepare (and apply) for college. Students will also meet other high school students from across the state that have similar interests, and take part in leadership development activities.
Registration forms and the agenda are located to the right. Registration and payment are due on November 15. If you need further information, please contact Dana Dobschensky at ext. 3233.