Excellence in Agriculture Award
The Excellence in Agriculture Award Program is designed as an opportunity for Young Farmers who actively contribute and grow through their involvement in Farm Bureau and agriculture, to earn recognition. The ideal candidate(s) for the Excellence in Agriculture Award is an individual or couple who are non-production agriculturalist that promote the agricultural industry through their daily work routine. Participants will be judged on their involvement in agriculture, leadership ability, involvement and participation in Farm Bureau and other organizations (i.e., civic, service and community).
- Andrea Boughton, Calhoun County
- Jeremy & Stevie Lynn Glaspie, Tuscola County
- Jamie Zmitko-Somers, Shiawassee County
- Tony McCaul, OttawaCounty
State Winner: Jamie Zmitko-Somers
Young Ag Leader Award
The Young Agricultural Leader award is designed to recognize successful young agriculturalists for outstanding leadership in farming and throughout the agricultural community.
- Richard Baker, St. Joseph County
- Cheryl Strautz, Montcalm County
- Jason Fleming, Oceana County
- Jamie Demerly, Shiawassee County
State Winner: Jamie Demerly
Young Farm Employee
The Young Farm Employee award is designed to recognize successful young agriculturalists for outstanding leadership in farming and throughout the agricultural community and for their commitment to production agriculture.
- Joe Ott, Lenawee County
- Kevin Thiel, Gratiot County
- Rob West, Clinton County
- Andrew Heinitz, Van Buren County
State Winner: Rob West
The Achievement Award is a program designed to recognize successful young Farm Bureau members for outstanding achievement in the business of farming and leadership in the agricultural community.
- Kerry Tucker, Allegan County
- Joshua Humm, Gratiot County
- Tracy & Laura Slieff, GeneseeCounty
- Kurt Tubergen, Ionia County
State Winner: Joshua Humm
Videos of each individual contestant can be seen below: